Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Acts of Reading - a wonder blog!

Since I have now discovered all about Google Reader and its joys, I am delighting in reading all of my new-found interesting blogs. As I am doing my internship in a Prep classroom, I am finding these sites invaluable for ideas that I can use in all aspects of the curriculum - art, literacy and numeracy. (All of my favourite blogs are listed in the side bar.) As I find and use more, I will keep you updated.

I am particularly loving Our Random Acts of Reading. The author, Laura, leaves well-loved picture books and activities for people to find. Each blog posting talks about why the particular book is a favourite, and describes the activities (and links) to the activities that are included. Laura wants to be able to "gift" 2, 010 books in 2010 and is looking for people to join the project. While it is American, I would love to try that here in Australia. This will be my project . . .

Where to start? Possum Magic, Diary of a Wombat, Graeme Base - so many fave authors, so many books. Will need to start getting creative . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment